Saturday, May 30, 2009

Two weeks!

Can you believe Cordie is already 2 weeks old? wow. we're doing great. Still learning each other, but that's the fun part, right?

Her fussy time tends to be early evening - any time between 5:30 and 7:30. I don't mind this b/c at least it's not in the middle of the night. Bill seems to have quite the magic touch when getting her settled, and darn if it ain't cute watching him with her.

We're also learning what foods cause gas in her. Sadly my greek salad might be one of the culprits. I like to make a big batch and eat it all week with lunch or dinner. Healthy and yummy. But the peppers, onions, cucumbers... they can also cause gas. So I need to hold off on that for now.

Bill goes back to work Monday :( We've really enjoyed this time off together, but you know, Bill needs to be paid so bills can be paid!

Duncan is still doing well. I just hope that come next week we can get into a good routine that helps me keep focusing on him while being able to care for Cordie. I think I need to find some good activities outside the home - like story time at the library that we can head off to during the week.

Otherwise... I just mentioned this on FB - I hate Zellers. We don't have too many local shopping options here. Basically Superstore and Zellers and if SS doesn't have it, we have to swallow our pride and go to Zellers. We went there today. I can not believe that a store can so continuously be so messy and disorganized. I could barely navigate the store with the stroller - clothes, hangers, other stuff, all over the floor. The clothes racks are so close together and so jam packed you basically can't walk by one without something just falling off. 1/2 the time prices aren't even listed on shelves. There is a big ongoing arguement in our area about Wal-Mart coming in. I know people hate WM, but it would just be nice to have a shopping option, especially on a budget.

Happy Birthday Tanya!

No comments: