Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thanks everyone

I want to thank everyone for chiming in on my post yesterday. Even my Mom told me I was being silly and she would have sent us if she could have. I guess I'd just been thinking that quite often there is a response from people of "you're home and you're sending your kid to day care?". Mind you, I think you get grief no matter how you parent. I got grief b/c when I went back to work it wasn't my Mom watching Duncan. See, in some cultures it is the Mom, or MIL who watches baby during the day- which I get, but not our culture, and my Mom works full time! And then you get people who give you grief for going back to work at all, and then if you decide to stay home, you get grief b/c you're not working. Don't you find that to be the truth?

But you are all so good to me, and supportive - so thank you. I'm glad I'm not being silly.

Otherwise... D and I had an awesome day together. I took him to drop in time at the Leisure Centre ($1, can't go wrong), in hopes that it would tucker him out, and perhaps my running around after him might get labour going... ha, not so much! Well at least not yet. He had a good time, but it was a zoo in there. Well over 50 kids.

Hockey is over - yay! Don't care for it.
Election is over - yay! Let's move on.
Up next - baby!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

You're right, you can't win. So you just have to do what's right for you and your family and to hell with everyone else!

Laura said...

It is amazing how everyone else know what is best for your family, isnt it? And wow, I guess I am guilty of that too.

Glad to hear that you are all well. Looking forward to the Bean announcement.

Take care of yourself!