Monday, June 1, 2009

My day with Cordie, contests, and in the news

Today was Bill's 1st day back at work. Duncan was at daycare, so I had many lofty ideas as to what I would get done today. Yeah. Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I had a great day with my little girl, I just didn't plan my time too well. I wanted to clean the bathrooms and the kitchen today. I also wanted to take a nap at some point (she's a baby, she sleeps a lot, so it shouldn't have been too hard to coordinate). But it didn't quite go that way.

I got a free baby swing off of freecycle. Gotta love freecyle! I forget if I mentioned that we pulled out our baby swing the other day and it turns out it no longer works. Well we'd bought it second hand, so it sucks, but it's been a few kids already. Anyhow, I put a wanted ad on freecycle, and someone had for me, but it was a bit of a drive away. So after dropping Duncan off we headed off to pick that up, and then on the way home stopped to see my Mom and visit at her work. Well then it was 11 AM already. There goes the morning! Anyhow, I finally kind of get done the cleaning, but napping didn't happen as C wasn't into it when I was :P

Tomorrow it's me and both kids so I think we'll go to story time at the library to get out in the morning.

Otherwise...

Contests. I've been entering just a bunch of giveaways online. I think Nancy does this too. So I look for ones open to Canadians and just kind of spend time entering them as I can/want. Well so far I've won a free pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream - which is a total treat b/c I don't think I've ever bought B&Js before, and today I found I also won another giveaway with a shirt for Cordie. So that's cool. I have some links on the right side of of my blog if you're interested in checking some out. I might blog occasionally about giveaways b/c it gives extra entries. Just so you wonder why I'm suddenly pushing these things. I like free stuff. I'm Dutch! :)

In the news:
Susan Boyle - I feel so bad for this woman. You know, going for total obscurity to the entire world knowing who you are and watching you and building you up 'oh you're a shoe in to win' and then not winning. No wonder she had a bit of a breakdown. I hope she has some good support in place.

Plane crash - okay, thinking of the family and friends of the people lost on the flight from Brazil to France today. It's really creepy though. I was watching Discovery Channel and they have shows about plane crashes and I think "hmm... it's been a while since there's been a plane crash" and then this happens. I know it had nothing to do with me thinking it, but it's still creepy. And sad.

Duncan is all done supper, so I need to go.

No comments: