Thursday, June 25, 2009

An Unexpected day at home

I was supposed to go to Vancouver today to visit Bill's office, and then mine, and show Cordie off. But little missy was up from 2-5 AM pretty much. I did get about 1/2 an hour of sleep in there simply b/c I was falling asleep, so I put her in her basinette, and as far as I know, she never fell asleep during that time. I'm not too surprised b/c she slept a lot in the evening, which is usually hwe awake time. Oddly this is really the 1st time that she has been up so much during the night. Anyhow, I didn't go to Vancouver today b/c I was a little sleep deprived, and I can go almost any time.

She's such a cutie though. You can already see her little personality shining through. She's smiling more. I think it's still more reflexive, but I don't believe that while "until they are 3 months old, it's only gas".

Duncan is as daycare today. No arguement there from him! In fact he tried to close the door on me when we got there "bye Mom!". Love you too darling :) We've been getting together with our friends once a week for playdates, which is great. A (I'll just use initials b/c I don't know if they want us using their names or not) is awesome for not hesitating to tell Duncan no, or running after him in the park, or helping out, so its easier to get out. And Duncan is really enjoying seeing M again on a regular basis. We got together all the time when the kids were born (friends from prenatal class, the kids are one day apart in age), and it's nice to go back to that again. Yesterday we were going to have a tea party when visiting, but Duncan turned it into a coffee party. You know you're drinking a lot of coffee when your toddler has coffee parties, not tea parties. LOL.

So I went back to bed after dropping Duncan off this morning, and frankly, I'm ready for another nap as Cordie is napping (I think.... her eyes are open... will they close again... yes they will!) and I'm still running a deficit. It's a true lazy day. But that's okay. Each day Duncan is gone doesn't have to be go go go... Bill has his work BBQ tonight, so I'm on my own for supper. I'm thinking home made pizza. Ham and pineapple.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Too funny about the coffee party - my kids would do the same thing. Zach even tells me when the Keurig finishes - "Mommy you coffee ready!"