Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday morning

Thursday morning. Let’s see…hit the snooze button a few too many times this morning – slept in 20 minutes. Oops! But our mornings are flexible enough that we were still on our way on time, and into work early like usual. I did note that people were just being really pushy this morning. Getting on and off transit people would elbow in front just to get ahead of one more person (me). Really, maybe I’m slowing down, but I was keeping up with the crowd. Normally I just let them, but this morning there were a few people I very deliberately did not let push in front of me. With doors too. Maybe I should turn this into a post about common courtesy – or the lack of it. We see if every day on the roads – someone wants into your lane, you let them, but no thank you wave… but doors – normally you’d look behind to see if someone is coming through right behind you, and hold the door so it doesn’t slam on them. Not so much this morning. Oh well, I got here! I do think I need a coffee though. My tea does not seem to be cutting it!

I have a performance appraisal this afternoon. I assumed no news was good news – ie they would let me know if I was doing something wrong, but no, they insist we do a formal one. Part of it is that I have to do my own to bring to the table. It’s rather funny b/c I’m ticking off the highest boxes and making comments like “I like to think I excel at this!”

Duncan is good. His new word is “MINE!” Incidentally, that was my 1st word when I was a little kid learning to talk, but I had 3 older brothers. But also fun is his “I’ll do it!” when we need to do something. “We need to turn off the tv” “I’ll do it!” Or when the phone rings “I’ll get it!” What’s nice is that he actually will bring you the phone. He sees it as being independent, I see it as me being lazy and enjoying have a kid who will bring me things. His numbers, colours, and alphabet are coming along awesome. For some reason the numbers 5 and 7 are a little tricky, but I heard that’s kind of common around his age.

Bean is also good. 6 ½ weeks to go! (give or take). Guess I should wash some baby stuff or something ‘eh?

Tanya and Andre have put a bid in on an apartment – praying you guys get it!
Nancy and her family are contemplating moving for her work. Tough decision. You’ll make the right one, I don’t doubt it.

And finally I think I’m going to change the format of my blog again… I like this one but it’s a little too busy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I never actually LOOK at your blog, so I never would have noticed the business. Funny. That's the joy of and RSS reader I guess.
I think you're on to something with the politeness thing - we're out of practice as a culture. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Zach does that with letters and numbers too, he still counts 1, 2, 7! If I get him to slow down he can get up to 4 or 5, but if he's going quickly, he skips 3 through 6. :)

And thanks, obviously a lot of discussion going on here.

Absolutely Literate said...

I blame Thomas for the counting: "They're two they're four they're six they're eight"