Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ebay

I very occasionally will get some stuff from Ebay. I often find that if you factor in shipping and handling it's not worth any money you save. This is especially true when most things come from the US and are shipped to Canada. We have gotten good deals though - we got Mater from Cars, and shipping was only $4, I bought a case for my iPod and shipping again was maybe $5.

As I mentioned previously I have been trying to track down Red from the Cars movie. Duncan loves the character Red for some reason. Anytime Red goes off the screen crying Duncan says "Red crying!". But tracking down Red to buy has been the tricky part. I'm bidding on one right now which is really reasonable - starting at $10 (they retail for more) and S&H is only $5 to Canada, so that's cool. But looking at the auctions is leaves me gobsmacked at how much some people think they can ask for S&H. Some of the auctions for Red quote shipping to Canada as being $60 US!!! Are you kidding me? Okay you want me to pay $60 S&H for a toy that's worth maybe $10-$15? Not so much.

I don't think I'm going to win this auction - it's far too reasonable of a price for something I want. But I'm not willing to pay more than the toy is worth, especially when my 2-year old is just going to be crashing it with his other Cars :)

No comments: