Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Housing update

Yesterday I wrote that the people who are buying our place accepted our counter offer. This is all fine and well but one of the subjects to sale is that they had to sell their place by May 8th. Well I went into the Realtor's office this morning (normally, they come to us, but I was out and about, so I offered to pop in) to accept the offer and Andy (our realtor) advised that the buyers had sold their place - they were just working on a few small details and he would call me later and let me know. He did call a bit later in the morning and told me that they had officially sold, and that subject to our sale had been removed.

This is awesome news! This is all moving so fast, the momentum is exciting. I know it's not all said and done, but there are a lot of people praying for us, and it just seems to be coming together well. The market is like that right now, so not unexpected, but pleasing.

Tomorrow is house hunting. I have a few places I'm looking forward to seeing especially. We're going to check out one that I'm not too interested in, but the seller is "motivated" and we might be able to get a good deal on it. Excellent square footage on that one, but it's what we call a "BC Box". These houses are all designed the same and you can practically walk through them with your eyes closed they are so similar.

I'll let you know what we find!!

No comments: