Friday, January 15, 2010

When Cookie Making Goes Horribly Wrong

I actually think it was seeing the Cookie Monster on Sesame St. Thursday morning that made Duncan want to make cookies. Fine with me. I actually love baking and cooking with Duncan. He helps me with pancakes, cookies, anything that needs adding in that isn't over a hot stove.

Usually the way it goes is Duncan pours in the stuff I've measured out. I don't quite trust him to dip into the flour bucket, etc...

Let's talk about adding flour to a mixture. I usually turn it on the lowest setting, with the guard in place until it's mixed in well enough to not fly all over the place.

Duncan didn't quite realize there was that kind of method to the madness. So he added a cup of flour, and while I was dipping in to get more, he put the mixer down, and turned it on full tilt.

And then this happened:




Flour went EVERYWHERE. Over everything on the counter. All over the floor. All over the chair Duncan was standing on.

All over Duncan.



and he reacted like this:



I gave him a big hug, and while he couldn't see me I laughed and laughed and laughed. 


No comments: