Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beautiful Sunrise

I don't know about where you are, but we had just the most glorious sun rise today. I'm glad I can take a minute to stop, look and enjoy the Lord's glory on a morning like today. You can tell spring is in the air. Did any of the other local people notice that smell in the air yesterday? And we drove home entirely in the day light - that was a treat. Looks like soon the ride in will be in the light too. That seems to lift the spirits quite a bit.

So let's see. We're loving our new Mazda. Very comfortable with our decision to buy this vehicle (it's a cross over, but I feel funny referring to it as the cross over, but minivan isn't accurate, nor is car, so we're just going to call it Blue). Duncan and I went out to Oma and Opa's yesterday afternoon to show it off to them. My brother "Un-cole Jeff!" as Duncan calls him, was just heading there when we were leaving, so he saw it too. He was showing Shelley online what we bought and he noticed it's wired for Sirius Radio and offered to let us piggy back on his account, which is way cheaper than paying for the service on our own (we hadn't even thought of it) so we might do that.

I have the cutest little boy! I'll post some video on Facebook tonight of him playing Duncan bowling. That's where he's the bowling ball :)

Hell Week on American Idol. Next week the real competition starts. I know a lot of people bash the show, but I still enjoy it. It's the one reality tv show I watch.

Alright, I should get some work done. I told Sheryll I'm giving in. We have this constant fight in the kitchen - you know the people who leave their dirty dishes in the sink for someone else to clean? Uhg it just annoys me. Anyhow, before I went on mat leave with Duncan I used to load and run the dishwasher every day. I'm going to take it up again. It seems no matter how much we say it, people keep doing it, and they were going to start throwing out those dishes. Well that's a complete waste. So until I leave, I'll run the dishwasher again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was one of the few who did the dishwasher at my school, too and like a friend of mine says, it's a thankless job. But really-how much time out of the day is it taking? And even if you feel like everyone should judt be responsible, I think it can help you feel like you've done one more good deed in the day.