Thursday, February 19, 2009

Misc stuff

Okay, it's Thursday! Phew! I booked tomorrow Friday off b/c Bill has a flex day and we have a bunch of stuff to get done. We're signing Duncan up for preschool for September (already!) and will be popping in to meet them and what not.

Last night I got a call from the maternity clinic that my one hour glucose test came back high, so I need to go for the 3-hour one. This is a royal pain in the butt. I'm not worried about it but working it into our schedule is the hard part. So now I'm booked for tomorrow morning, but that eats into our entire morning of other stuff we were going to get done, and Saturdays don't work too well for the lab b/c Saturdays are really busy. Oh well! You gotta do what you gotta do! Again, I'm not actually worried about the results or anything. Oddly, my doctor said for the 1st one - fast. I get to the lab and she says "oh you didn't need to fast" and that alone could have skewed the results. But better safe than sorry!

. It's a rant I've been meaning to do for some time. American friends ignore this. This is strictly for Canadians regarding President Obama. Just a gentle reminder that HE'S NOT OUR FREAKING PRESIDENT! GAH! I am so tired of everyone up here going on and on and on about him. Americans are allowed to, he belongs to them. He doesn't belong to us. Or you. Or any non-American. I'm not commenting on him politically but I am so sick of Obama-worship in Canada. If Canadians put 1/2 that passion into Canadian politics imagine how much more effective and accountable our government would be. I'm not making any comments on actual political leanings, this is just the fact of the matter. If you love him that much move there. Otherwise, get over it, get involved with your own politics and use your love/passion that way.

Mama Bear Out.

No comments: