Monday, November 9, 2009

It's 1 AM

I'm up having a cuppa tea - what are you doing? Hopefully sleeping! Duncan and I came down with colds (flu?) today (well yesterday). Duncan had a bit of a fever, and threw up a little, but now seems more cold like as his energy levels are good. I think mine is just a mean cold - no fever or anything, but chills, aches, runny stuffed up nose, coughing... just cold symptoms.

I went to bed at 10 PM all chilly and achy, and Cordelia woke me up at midnight again. And then I couldn't fall back asleep! And Duncan woke up too. He wanted to come downstairs. No, it's time to sleep buddy. But he seems to have fallen back asleep, and no return of the fever, so let's just pray it's a cold. Easier to treat.

Anyhow, now I'm watching House Hunters on HGTV.

Tomorrow I was invited to go to a new women's bible study group, and I've totally been wanting to join one, but now I can't go tomorrow b/c Roo and I are sick! I'm not going to expose the rest of the women (and children) to sick germs. I also called Nikki and told her I was keeping Duncan home. I'll certainly need to keep him home on Tuesday from school too. Wednesday is Remembrance Day, so we'd be around anyhow (although regretably may not be able to go to the cenotaph this year).

See, we always go, rain or shine. After what those men and women have done for us, the least I can do is stand in the rain for half an hour and, well, remember. And usually we've brought Duncan because it's important to us. But if he is sick, standing out in the cold rain is not going to do him any good. Perhaps I'll go and represent the family.

So that's what's going on at 1:14 AM. I hope you had a good night!

No comments: