Thursday, October 1, 2009

October already!

I love October!! I love fall. I love cooler weather, and rain, and the cozy feeling, and the air feeling more fresh, and gorgeous things like Thanksgiving, and, oh yeah, my birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday to me! Bill already got me my gift which is a sewing table. We totally scored on Craigslist for this thing. We priced it out at a local sewing shop, their floor model, cheapest one, would be $800. We got this one for $80. Sure, it's used, but it's in good condition and is totally what we wanted. So I am thrilled. It's still sitting in the Mazda because we need to re-arrange some furniture in the kitchen to make it fit. I'll end up in front of the kitchen window, which I also love.

Last night we went to the Dougie MacLean concert in Vancouver. As always, Dougie put on a wonderful show. He has a fantastic voice, great guitar player, and is quite funny. And he's Scottish, so there was that gorgeous accent to top it off. Dougie kind of tells the same jokes every time. We've seen him 3x now, but he still makes us laugh. Duncan stayed home with Oma. Cordie came with us. Being gone for 5 hours was a little too long to be away, especially when she's not taking a bottle yet. What can I say, I'm lazy, and BF works so well for me I don't even bother to pump. Anyhow, everyone was just cooing and loving her, commenting on how good she was being. Until just after the intermission, then she started fussing. We took her to the back and she fell asleep pretty quick. So all in all, a good evening.

Duncan is doing good in school. I think he's adjusted really well, so that's all good. Our little man is growing up so much!

Anyhow, Bill is waiting for me, so we can watch some tv. Have a good night and a good day tomorrow.

No comments: