Monday, October 5, 2009

Right Now

Stolen from Nancy. Hi Nancy.

Today…

Outside my window: It was a gorgeous fall day today. The sun is just setting right now and the trees at the end of the driveway are orange.

I am hearing: The Backyardigans "I am Scared of You"

I am thinking: I wish Duncan would stop playing with his pancake. In his defense, he ate two already (made from scratch... yum!), but he did ask for another one, but is just now rolling it around the table. Oh well, it doesn't have anything on it, so no harm.

I am hoping: Bill came down with that cold is going around, so I hope he feels better soon. I also hope I don't catch it. Or the kids.

I am reading: An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Diana's newest book. It's like visiting old friends. Love it.

I am creating: A little witchy quilt wall hanging. I've got it quilted, now I need to make the binding and finish it off.

I am wearing: A pair of Old Navy slacks that I got from Value Village brand new. It still had the tags on. Total steal. A v-neck black t-shirt and black socks.

In the kitchen: In no particular order:

pasta and garlic bread
pork chops with either baked potatoes and veggies or rice and veggies
pizza
hamburgers (going real healthy this week)
something else made with ground beef b/c I bought a pack from Costco last week and we've got lots

We had the pasta last night, and I think we'll do pizza tonight. As Bill isn't feeling well, no point in going through a huge effort. But you know what's really sweet is that our neighbour gave us some home made pea soup for Bill to feel better. Normally we eat with Duncan but the evening got away on us as Duncan and I were outside and it was getting too late. I asked him what he wanted - pancakes and bacon. So he got that and cheese and tomato. Over all, I think a reasonably balanced meal. Bill won't eat breakfast for supper. *sigh*

Around the house: I love thew new sewing desk I got for my birthday. We rearranged the kitchen, and although messy right now, I love how much more room this gives us.

Plans for the week: Well today Cordie and I went to Peek-A-Book at the library. I love this program for children aged 3 months - 18 months old. I took a few minutes to speak to the head of the children's dept there and thank her for the program, which I also did with Duncan. Tuesday Duncan has school. Wednesday is MOPS and then it's breastfeeding awareness week in Canada, so there is a nurse in at the library, so Cordie and I will be going there. Thursday is preschool again. On Friday it's the WIGGLES! Woo hoo!! Oh, Tanya, we can't make it to the party b/c we're at the Wiggles.

A few of my favorite things: Aside from the obvious like Duncan is just growing so much and becoming less and less of a toddler all the time, and that Cordie is just a gorgeous little girl who loves to smile and play? And that Bill is an awesome Dad/husband? Well I recently learned paper-piecing as a method of quilting and I was scared to try it for a long time, but now I've done it, I am just thrilled with myself.

A picture thought:

No comments: