Sunday, July 5, 2009

How he is growing...

For the record, the reason there are a lot more Duncan stories than Cordie is because he's doing more than her. She's doing awesome though. Sleeping and eating well, giving us smiles... she's just such a gorgeous little girl.

But it makes you aware of how much your bigger one is growing. It seems like every day Duncan is doing something new to make us realize more and more that he is a big boy. For example, he's telling stories. He wanted to watch an episode of Thomas (big surprise) and was telling me it was about Percy and Harold, and Harold flies into the trees and then into a hill (Harold is helicopter and he has too heavy of a load and the load gets caught in some trees and then Harold falls into a haystack). What's really funny is that episode used to make him cry 6-8 months ago when Harold would crash.

He is also climbing stairs and coming back down by using the railing. He probably could have done this a long time ago, but never tried. He's the kind of kid who kind of wants to make sure he can do it before he does instead of trying and failing.

Sometimes I forget he's only 2 1/2. He just seems like such a big boy. Well he is.

Let's see what else is going on. I read a book!! This is a big deal because I just kind of lost the brain power before. I finally read Long Way Round about Ewan McGregor and Charley Borman's motorbike ride around the world. I'd watched the show before, but Bill got me the book probably 2 years ago and I finally picked it up and really enjoyed it. So now I'm also watching the show on DVD during the night when I'm up with Cordie.

I have started the Memorymaker's Daughter which people highly recommend. Jury is still out on this one. I'll let you know.

Bill's Dad and brother are out in just under 2 weeks. It's going to be crowded here for a bit, but awesome they are coming out.

Bill's new computer should be coming this week. Will be nice to have that up and running and media centre back.

I baked some banana bread...well in a cake pan with a double recipe b/c I don't know where my loaf pans are...anyhow, so banana cake? But it's yummy.

Anyhow, I hope everyone had a good weekend. We did. I just hope this muggy weather breaks. It is supposed to rain this week, and while many people in the eastern US are getting hit by just so much rain, I'll be glad for it.

Oh, and I forget it I mentioned I emailed property management about our ant problem in the back yard - pretty much rendering our back yard useless b/c they are everywhere - well they emailed back and are sending someone out to take a look b/c I told them I want the place sprayed as our efforts are not working. So much for a non-chemical option, but it's just disgusting.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it. Duncan is just so cool. It's GREAT to hear how much you are enjoying him.
I agree with you about the ants thing...sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done. A back yard is just begging to be used! I'm starting to miss ours already. Well ok I'm starting to feel nostalgic about having to give it up, I mean.