Sunday, November 9, 2008

And wait! It's not over yet!

I'm talking about the weekend. I took Monday off, and Tuesday is Remembrance Day, so it's a stat. So a nice 4 day weekend. Tuesday we'll go to the cenotaph for Remembrance Day services. We want Duncan to grow up understanding this day, what it's for, and the importance of remembering. Even if they are from wars so long ago.

Weekend so far has been good. Well started off shaky. I went home early Friday from work because I was simply exhausted. Went home, slept... felt a little better, but was still in bed just after 9.

Saturday Duncan and I met Mom and Dad for breakfast (Bill had a dentist appointment) and a bit later in the day Theresa and I braved Metrotown (sorry Tanya!) and I finally got some maternity clothes. I was really disappointed with the Old Navy maternity selection. And that's the reason I went there. But Thyme Maternity had some awesome sales, so we were good.

Sunday (that's today) Bill and I took Duncan to see Thomas Saves the Day at GM Place. What a hoot. Not only was Duncan totally tickled by taking the Skytrain (his 1st time - I take it every day, but we don't have too much reason to ride it otherwise) and then to see Thomas... well the grin on his face said it all. Certainly worth the trip.

Tomorrow we're going to Chris and Ronnie's. Home made pizza and play some games - should be fun. We don'd get over there near as much as we used to.

Anyhow, it's late, but we had late lunch/early dinner, but now I'm hungry so I'll make some soup. Good night!

No comments: