Thursday, December 17, 2009

The preschool Christmas Party

Today was Duncan's preschool Christmas party - and last day of school for the break.

So they had a PJ party. Duncan was thrilled with this because he always wants to wear his pjs all day, and if you don't get him out of them 1st thing in the morning you will have a fight on your hands. (What helps with this now is that he likes to pick out his own clothes and dress himself (with some help) which I think is awesome).

I went to pick him up after and as usual when we're walking to the car "Mommy, I had fun!". And so starts the game of interpret what he actually did at school that morning. You can bet they sang a song or two, so I always start with "did you sing a song?" "Yeah, I did!" "What song did you sing?" "Frosty the Snowman and we sat down in chairs". I interpret this to mean they played musical chairs to Frosty the Snowman. And then "the bridge fell down!". Oh, they played London Bridge is falling down. I wonder if he is amazed that I know all these things. He did learn how to single Jingle Bells at preschool, which is so cute. It's too bad he hasn't learned the songs for the Sunday School program as well. Okay, I think Away In A Manger is a bit harder for a 3 year old. Frankly, I'll be surprised if he even goes up front.

I had to run an errand at Staples after getting him, and I figure no one will need to know he is in his pjs as he'll have his jacket on, and his boots. Well, Duncan decided the had to take off his jacket in the middle of the store, and lead me on a merry chase before I could get him out the door. So I'm sure a few people noticed the pjs (Lightning McQueen ones, if you're wondering). As Bill pointed out though - when you're 3, you can get away with it.

Also at school they gave him a wee present. And so I told him that he had to put it under the tree, and so (really, in his mind, being new at this Christmas thing) he hid it underneath the awesome dinosaur tree skirt I made the other week. I thought that was so cute!!

Tomorrow one of his friends from preschool (and his Mom, and little brother) are coming over for a play date, so that will be fun.

Whine, whine, whine - I have a cold. A nasty thing that settled right into my chest. It's brutal. And Cordie has a cold, and is teething, and we think going through another growth spurt (7 months old already!) and so she's just an unhappy little girl. Poor pumpkin. She's fine when I'm holding her, but that seriously impaired what I could get done today. Oh well, she is my priority.

No comments: