Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Meme

I finally decided to do this one... you know, less than 9 days left, I'm not sure it counts!

  1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Almost done! I have one more thing to buy! I'm super happy about this.
  2. Tell me about one of your special traditions. Well, we're kind of having fun creating our own traditions as a little family. However, our church is one of the only ones that has a Christmas Day service. Being of Dutch descent, we traditionally sing a song called 'Glory to God' at the end of the service, and I totally love that. 
  3. When do you put up your tree?This year it was right at the beginning of December because Duncan wanted the Christmas tree.
  4. Are you a Black Friday shopper? No. Mind you, we don't have Black Friday up in Canada, but I also don't go down to the States to do shopping.
  5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home. I think it's quite unlikely we would travel out to Newfoundland for Christmas for various reasons. We have toyed with the idea of going on a trip - like to Hawaii or something over Christmas one year - and we may do that yet.
  6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? Bill spilling punch on my parent's carpet. It was when we were dating and he flew out to visit - his first visit out here. White Carpet. Red Punch. But the funny part is that my Oma (grandma) (rather a stern woman) was sitting there when it happened. She gave Bill the "Oma Eye" and informed me that she had carpet cleaner under her sink at her place (next door) and I should go get it and clean the carpet. So I go to the kitchen and inform my Mom that Bill spilled punch in the living room and Mom says "oh, no matter, we'll take care of it later" but I told her "Oma is making me go get her carpet cleaner".... Mom rolled her eyes but there was no arguing with my Oma. So there I was, on Christmas day, on my hands and knees, scrubbing the carpet in the living room under my Oma's watchful eye until she deemed it okay. To this day there is a lamp that covers that spot :) Thinking of it, I'm blessed Bill still married me after he saw the family he was marrying into!
  7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? A Christmas Carol. Although I love (and have) the original Miracle on 34th Street (like Nancy, not the lame remake).
  8. Do you do your own Christmas baking, what’s your favorite treat? I do, but I don't do much because we don't do a lot of entertaining, so I really don't do much in the baking dept. Because what we bake, we eat, and that's not a good thing.
  9. Fake or real tree? Right now - fake - because the cats were routinely knocking over the real ones. But I think eventually we'll go back to real - because we do prefer it.
  10. What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? Christmas Eve around 8 PM :)
  11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? yes! I inherited that from my Mom (hi Mom). She and Dad have been known to be up until 3 Am wrapping.
  12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? Well, we're kind of working on that, as this is the 1st Christmas Duncan is getting into it. I'll let you know. :)
  13. What Christmas craft do you like the best? Making ornaments for the tree. 
  14. Christmas music? I love Christmas music. Right now Josh Groban's "Noel" is my favourite, but the Michael W. Smith Christmas album is one of my standing favourites. I also have certain singles I just love.
  15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping? I have one thing left to buy, so, soon. 

No comments: