Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday morning

Hi friends!

I know I haven't been blogging at all, but quite honestly there is not a whole lot to say. We're all doing well. How are you?

Let's see... one week until we take off for Vegas and my Mom moves in to watch our monkeys. That will go fine b/c they are always super good for other people. Although I know there will be a certain amount of tears when we head off. I'll miss the kids but I'm trying not to think about that part of things.

School started for Duncan this week. New school, new teachers, and of course he jumped right in. I took Wednesday morning off and went to the 1 hour orientation, and then Friday was the 1st 2.5 hour class and Nikki said they both did great. So I'm glad that transition went well.

Duncan also starts soccer soon. This coming Thursday is the meet and greet and then next Sunday (of course the Sunday were gone) is their 1st practice and game. They practice for 30 min and then have a game for 30 min. My Dad has said he will take Duncan though. We also think we're going to sign Duncan up for another round of swimming lessons. It's about time.

The house is coming along great. We've been here for 2 months now and we just love, love, love it. We're so at home here. My Dad has been in this week renovating our laundry room which now also has a working toilet - which was very important for little boys who are playing trains and suddenly need to go pee NOW! The vanity is actually a laundry utility sink with drawers, so it will double well.

And finally, after years of nagging, we have a cleaning lady starting on Thursday!! YAY!! This is the woman who has been cleaning my parent's house for years, and she does a phenomenal job. You know, I know to some readers it might seem silly, or a waste of money, or excessive to have someone come in and clean my house, but quite honestly it's a time vs. money thing and right now I'd rather pay to have it done really well every few weeks than spending all my weekends scrubbing. So I'm happy about it!

Have a great weekend! It's beautiful here. We're about to go meet some friends for breakfast.

No comments: