Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekending. Or should I say weekend ending

Good morning. As usual a few moments to sit with a coffee and read some email before getting the kids up.

I've been actually getting up a few minutes earlier in the morning and using the elliptical trainer for 20 minutes. Kind of crazy I know. Exercising! Hopefully it does some good. It does cut into my sit on my butt and boot around on the computer time, but oh well.

So how was your weekend? Good I hope! Ours was good. We got our new furniture for the living room on Friday. Ohhhh it's nice. We really like it. Opted to pay the extra cash and have it stain proofed. We also had our screens put in. We started actually moving boxes and stuff into my sewing room. It's going to be great once that is altogether.

Friday night Bill had some guys over to hang around in the man cave. So I had Theresa over. We got take out Indian (YUM! 1st time in over a year as I couldn't eat it while I was nursing) and rented The Ugly Truth. Oh boy, that was funny. Rated R for good reason, but it was funny.

Saturday Duncan and I went to his friend's place for a playdate there. And while the kids were napping I went grocery shopping, and then I took the kids to a birthday party at the park. Cordie was stung by a wasp - poor girl. Got her some children's benadryl and it seemed to do the trick. We rented Date Night. That was also funny.  Reminded me of Adventures in Babysitting.

Sunday morning was church, then Mom and Dad came over for coffee. I took some time to unpack some boxes in my room and otherwise, we hung out with the kids. Duncan and I went for a nice long walk. Picked some blackberries. I ate either a poisoned one, of it had a spider or bug in it that was poisonous b/c it tasted so bad. I spat it out immediately, but it made my tongue go numb for at least an hour (well part of it). It was kind of crazy. I'm fine now. We rented Shutter Island for last night (having fun watching movies lately... ) and are really enjoying it, but were falling asleep. So we'll need to finish it tonight and pay the late fee.

And that's about it. This week ahead nothing too crazy. We're attempting a trip to Seattle next weekend with our pukey kids. I told Laura if one of them pukes we're turning around, but at least we'll give it a go. DVD player, frequent stops... hopefully it will work.

Alright time to get the wee ones up and get some breakfast into them. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: