Friday, August 15, 2008

Misc. on a Saturday night

Good evening! Just relaxing and watching the news... I feel like I haven't paid any attention to the news in the past 2 weeks and so I kind of felt I should see what's going on.

1st - congratulations to Carol Huynh, a Canadian Wrestler from BC who will win our 1st metal in the Olympics. She is wrestling for the gold, but will at least get silver around 2 AM PDT. Good job Carol!!

People have been super critical of the lack of metals for our athlete's so far, but I really feel it should be out gov't who should step up and put more into our athelete's as opposed to these men and women who work so hard to get there taking any blame.

Canadian Athelete's - good for you! I'm proud of you and the efforts you're putting in.

2nd - I've really enjoyed this time off. Aside from being away from work, this is the most time we've spent with Duncan since I went back to work and Monday morning is going to be really hard on all of us! This has been an awesome time to watch Duncan grow and learn. He has an awesome sense of humour - he's our kid!

3rd - la de da de da

4th - a funny story from the cruise. We were leaving Sitka and I was at the front of the ship watching all the fishing boats. I had the binoculars along and was watching this one boat refuse to move for the ship. Now I understand both sides of the story, apparently bigger ships have the right of way, but how frustrating would it be as a fisherman to have these massive boats come through all the time? Anyhow the ship blew it's horn a bunch of times and actually had to slow down and change direction some, but the fisherboat also moved (kind of had no choice) and as I kept watching I was thinking it was surprising the fisherman wasn't flipping the cruise ship the bird.

Well Mom was outside watching this whole thing take place from the side of the ship and sure enough he did send his one finger salute once he was out of the way... Kind of amusing.

Alright, I need to go to bed. Yep Tanya, I'll tell Laura you said hello. Also we got a call from Chris and Ronnie who were just on their way back from the airport. They had a good time in Vegas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That third story's a real hit with me!! You're so cool.
I'm glad you're home.
Did Jilly ask you about if you met her mom on the cruise yet? I forget. She says she had a conversation in an elevator that may have been with you.