Sunday, August 16, 2009

Asparagus!

Last night we went for our 1st date in... I honestly can't even remember the last time we went out together.

1st about last night. As I noted a few days ago we had our 9th anniversary and so Theresa, the rock star that she is, said she'd watch the kids. Cordie has been pretty fussy in the afternoons and evenings due to teething. (She's 3 months old today!) I think we're a ways away from teeth poking through, but poor girl, it's driving her nuts. I caved and went and bought her a Sophie the Giraffe to knaw on. She seems to like it so far. I feel like such a Yuppie Mom.

Anyhow, we decided to go to the Buffalo Club which just opened a few months ago about 1/2 a block away from us (stumbling distance). Incidentally, my brother and his crew did all the tiling for that place and the liquor store downstairs. Looks really nice! I had a few Cosmos, Bill had some Guiness, we share cheese fries, Bill had steak for supper and I had chicken pasta w/ Irish soda bread, with a glass of white zinfandel. We decided no to dessert b/c nothing on the dessert menu appealed to us. Anyhow, when we were done there was a comment card and it asks if we want to join the anniversary club. Our waitress explained that you can get $25 off your bill when you sign up for emails. We explained we were actually there for our anniversary and she says "lets see what we can do". A few minutes later the manager came over and said they were taking care of our drinks for us. Asparagus!! So that made a wonderful evening even more wonderful!

Cordie did wake up while we were gone but Theresa is more than capable, so it was fine. We actually weren't gone that long. Not that we rushed home, but we were just done. We were going to go for a walk but my shoes were giving me a blister.

Now, as to not going on dates much... we just don't. Even before we had kids it wasn't something we did. We usually get some good time together in the evenings after the kids are in bed, so we don't really think in terms of "a break from the kids" or anything like that. But we really enjoyed going out and decided we'll start trying to go out at least once a month. I know "they" say you should have date night once a week, even if going for a walk, but we'll work up to that, okay?

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.