Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday night

Good evening friends!

I find it funny how I am always writing blog posts in my head, yet they never actually translate into being typed and posted.

What's going on....
Well I've almost survived my 1st week on my new block of work. I have so much to learn. I know I have lenience b/c I'm new, but I feel so totally lost about the whole thing. I know how to assess medical, but how different groups like it done is what I need to learn. But the team is good, friendly, and supportive. I'm actually not near as stressed as I thought I would be.

Today we had a potluck at work in honour of Thanksgiving coming up. I'm on the social committee and we organized it, so for a while there I was worried we weren't going to have enough food. Well it wasn't an issue. We had plenty and it was good! I cheated and picked up a pecan pie at the store, but it went over well b/c it was all eaten!

Tomorrow is my Mom and Dad's 45th wedding anniversary. How awesome is that? 45 years!! We're going out for dinner with the family and so for the 1st time we've hired a teenaged babysitter. My coworker Robert's daughter. She is coming over tonight to meet the kids. We decided to not bring the kids b/c frankly, they would get really bored really quick.

Speaking of Mom and Dad, I don't think I told you the deal about Hawaii... well my parents are taking the whole family to Hawaii in January!!! How awesome is that? (Very! Thanks Mom and Dad!). Mom has been wanting to go on a family vacation for a long time now but it was never a good time, but now the kids are getting bigger and all, they are doing it before we get too old. We have a lot going on between now and then, but it is going to be great.

So this weekend we have the Wiggles concert. Monday we're doing a small Thanksgiving dinner with my parents b/c we're getting together as a family tomorrow night.

Otherwise... we're doing good here! I hope you are too!

No comments: